I am starting to find my stride again on the painting side – not sure how long that will last, but best foot forward.
This weekend, I managed to get a whole horde of daemons done!
The stars of this show are, obviously, the Plague Toads of Nurgle and their Pox Riders.
These models are dead simple to do, as is a lot of Nurgle stuff. I wanted a colour that would not bury the Plaguebearers riding on top, but also wanted to avoid the green skin I have leaned on for other Nurgle models in the past, so I ended up trawling through the Citadel Painting Guide that was given away with White Dwarf a year or so ago, and settled on a rotting brown (it uses an Xv88 base).
With the skin done, it was just a case of horns, boil, eye and tongue (sounds like a witch’s brew). The Plaguebearers themselves were the same Corax/Ulthuan base washed with Athonian Camoshade that I have used on the foot daemons before.
Plague Toads can also be fielded without riders, so I picked up a little group of three to supplement the ‘cavalry’.
Finally, this is what two boxes of Blue Horrors looks like when they are all painted – 40 little daemons in all!
I went through these because a) I wanted to get cracking with Tzeentch forces and b) I knew they would be really easy to do – very much a case of low hanging fruit!
Along with these daemons, I all but completed an Orc team for Blood Bowl. They just need a little basing work and transfers, but I’ll get pictures of those up when they are done.
I want to make a start on the Kairic Acolytes this weekend, but at the moment on the painting table I have (optimistically) placed a few Rat Ogors. The hope is that I will get them at last partially done this week, but we’ll have to see how it goes. The same applies tot he Human Blood Bowl team I have also recently put together…