My painting schedule this month has well and truly been shot (James will find that funny), with huge swathes as yet untouched. Part of my grand Christmas break project will therefore be filled with catching up with the various bits and pieces I did not get round to…
However, I did finish these chaps, all the heroes of the Kharadron Overlords.
Painting these was… extremely easy, actually.
Starting off with an all-over gold base, you then pick out the areas of steel…
… and then add hold-specific details to taste, plus the odd glowing gem…
… and then you are done.
Even the more complex models, like Brokk Grungsson with his elaborate flying endrin, is no great chore. If the ships (coming very soon) are anything like the infantry and characters, then the Kharadron Overlords are shaping up to be a very easy army to paint!
So, what do I have planned for the Christmas break? Well, in no particular order, I am hoping to get through:
- Death Guard Rhinos and Land Raider
- Seven ships of the Kharadron Overlords
- Characters for the Thousand Sons, plus a wicked looking Xiphon for them
- A bunch of rats for both Verminus and Blood Bowl, plus Thanquol
Now, all that was what I had originally planned for December before the break. I will be hoping to add:
- A Moonclan Grot force, complete with Squig Gobba and Fanatics
- More Zombies, a Corpse Cart, Hexwraiths, and Arkhan the Black for Death
- Space Woof Cataphractiis and Thousand Sons Veterans
- The new Death Guard Lord, his bodyguard, three Blight-Haulers, and a new Nurgle Daemon Prince
- An Eldritch Council Force
- More Custodes
- A few reinforcements for the Seraphon
Now, that is a big ask for a two week break, and it is still far from what I had originally planned (getting through what is rapidly becoming a Forge World mountain). Still, best foot forward!